Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

I suck

I'm a really crappy blogger. I was thinking of starting a new topic-specific blog, but, eh, may as well stick with this one.

I hate the drab color of the background, but Brian likes it. I changed in a little while back and he noticed. :P He doesn't even post on here!

I joined Weight Watchers yesterday! Yay for me! And what did I do after the Open House meeting? I went to Mililani Mauka Genki Ramen and had a big plate of beef curry and rice. :P The 10-week program doesn't actually start until next Wednesday. I'm indulging while I can and will probably have a "Last Supper" of sorts on Tuesday night.

I've never done anything quite this formal, nor public, when it comes to my weight. I've tried losing on my own a few times, but always fell off the wagon. I decided to take the plunge with WW because my employer's wellness program is sponsoring it. Meetings are right after work, AT WORK, every Wednesday. My health insurance takes care of a portion of the program cost. I only pay $63 total for this first 10 weeks. How could I NOT give it a chance?

I'm hoping the meetings help. I've worked with many of the WW members in the past and they were so supportive yesterday! I also figure I've got some degree of financial incentive to make this work.

I haven't set an official weight loss goal, but given that I'm currently at my all-time heaviest, I'd like to get back down to where I was 5 years ago. That's 15 pounds! Doesn't sound like a lot, right? Well, it's a lot for my 4 foot 10-1/2 inch (yes, every half-inch counts!) frame. It's so funny though. I wasn't even happy with my weight back then. These days, I long to be where I was.

I've accepted that I'll NEVER be a skinny mini. My goal is to lose a reasonable amount of weight and to feel healthier.

I'm hoping to chronicle my 10-week journey right here! Stay tuned....

5 comments:

Sandra said...

yay nicole! you can do it :)

Lisa in Oz said...

You can do it Nicole! Huge thumbs up for taking the first step!

BTW, if you want to change your blog design, check out my girl Laura's design blog: http://ljkcdesign.blogspot.com/ - she does custom layouts for free. :-)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
d. said...

Way to go, Nicole. Taking the first step couldn't have been easy. I'm proud of you.

Evonne and Darren said...

Go Nicole! You don't have to be skinny, but as long as you are healthy, that's what's important!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...