Pages

Monday, March 17, 2008

Dry Embossed "Ai"


I made this for this girl in my office who's getting married at the end of this month. My boss asked me to plan a surprise luncheon for her and get a card to pass around the office.

Although I really am not close to this girl, no one else would do it. My other co-workers are all guys and the only other female in my office and this bride-to-be don't like each other.

Anywho, I saw this as an opportunity to try out a new design and sort of advertise my services. I suppose the more exposure I can get, the more opportunities might come along.

My little brother pointed out to me that in the Japanese culture, black cards are normally used for funerals. I had a feeling this might be the case before I made the card, but the girl's wedding color is red, she's having an Asian theme, and kanji is always written in black ink. So, a black card background worked out the best. Oh well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...