Dior brought it up to me again last May (yep, went back and found that e-mail!) and suggested I sell my dry embossed cards on the site. I was deathly afraid and never acted on the idea.
Long story short, I ended up on Etsy again last week and became hooked! So many items posted by so many talented people! It's mind-boggling, really. Anyway, as I browsed, I began to think, "Hey, if these people can do it, maybe I can, too."
So, I'm now contemplating opening an Etsy store. I've actually taken a huge first step, one that I probably should have taken a year ago. Since the dry embossing stencils I use are copyrighted designs, I need to ask the company for its permission to sell any products made using their stencils. So, I e-mailed them on Friday and am awaiting a response. Dior, I took your advice regarding the content of my request and am hoping for a positive outcome. :)
However, I'm not quite sure what the tax implications are if I start selling stuff on Etsy...how to report the income, expenses, etc. Guess I should consult a tax person about that one. Perhaps I won't want the hassle and will scratch the idea altogether.
Regardless, here are some fun things I found on Etsy.
Cute zipper pouches by Etsy seller JPATPURSES:

Blue Buds Harmony Large Flat Bottom Zipper Pouch
(I actually bought this one!)

Sakura Dynasty Little Zip Pouch
(I also bought this one for a co-worker's upcoming birthday)
And of course, you know I had to search for chrysanthemums. I wish I had known about Etsy while I was planning my wedding. Although it's priced at $105, this would have made an amazing wedding day accessory:

Ivory Silk Chrysanthemum Clutch lined in blue silk
by Etsy seller Red Ruby Rose
3 comments:
Ooooh you should definitely open an etsy store! I love your cards. :)
Yes! Definitely open a store. Your cards are too beautiful not to share with the world.
Post a Comment