She was having dinner at home at around 6PM last night. My grandpa went outside to water the plants and when he came back in the house about 40 minutes later, he found her on the floor in the bathroom. We have no idea how long she was lying there.
My mom came home from work to find an ambulance, fire truck, and 2 police cars in front of the house. When grandma got to the ER, they worked on her for quite some time, but could not revive her. Grandpa described what happened at the house. I gather that she had already flat-lined in the bathroom. They think her heart just failed.
Grandma's 78th birthday is on Monday. They were all supposed to come over to my house tomorrow night for a birthday BBQ.
This is just one of those things. There really wasn't anything anyone could have done. Grandpa is not doing so well. I sense a lot of guilt in him. Plus, they've been married over 50 years. I can't imagine how he must feel.
The difficult part is that Grandma took care of all of the household financials. Grandpa and my mom need to figure out all that stuff...what bills they owed, what kind of accounts they have, etc.
I'm supposed to go over to the house today and help sort through stuff. I really don't want to. I'd like to just stay home and stay in bed. I have a headache and stuffy nose from all the crying. Brian had to go to work today. I wish he could have stayed home with me. I'll keep you all updated....
Some photos from our wedding:

2 comments:
I am so sorry to hear about your grandma Nicole. At least now you have wonderful memories of her when she was at your wedding last year! Hopefully your grandpa will be OK. I can't even imagine what it's like losing a spouse! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!
We have a wonderful memory of meeting and sitting next to your grandparents in chapel at your wedding. The sweetest couple. We know this is hard, especially when you can't say goodbye, but she will always by your side, guiding you both. Nicole, you have her smile. Our prayers and hugs are with you all.
Post a Comment